What Is a Tax Lawyer and Why Do You Need it?
You may be in need of the services provided by an experienced tax lawyer in Ottawa fi you are facing any kind of escalated conflict, dispute or allegation of criminal activities surrounding your taxes. You can also benefit from the services provided by a tax lawyer to prevent a difficult situation before it escalates into further problems.
A tax lawyer can help you to avoid consequences, penalties and criminal allegations when you take action as soon as possible.
Whether you want to plan ahead to avoid tax disputes to begin with, or whether you require immediate help from a team of knowledgeable professionals, our firm of Ottawa tax lawyers can help you with your individual needs.
An Ottawa Tax Lawyer for Businesses
We know that owning a business can present a unique range of concerns and proper tax planning. It’s why we offer comprehensive support to Ottawa businesses for tax planning purposes.
The services offered by our experienced Ottawa business tax lawyers include:
- Business startup planning to get a better understanding of how your formation strategy will affect you over the long run.
- Tax consulting and planning to discuss various strategies that could be used to minimize your taxes.
- Tax problems and representation for immediate assistance provided by our office when you have an ongoing or emerging issue related to tax disputes.
- Tax minimization to discuss the various tools and strategies available to you to cut down on the amount of taxes owed each year.
- Tax reorganizations when you need to discuss having a different structure for your company as a result of your current tax responsibilities.
- Unfiled taxes to ensure that you are brought back into compliance and have paid all necessary penalties while minimizing other consequences.
- Business agreements to discuss the various types of tax implications from a business agreement.
- CRA audits to ensure that you are appropriately represented and avoid many of the most severe consequences associated with a CRA audit.
Services: Ottawa Tax Lawyer for Individuals
Just as businesses can benefit from ongoing and immediate support from a dedicated Ottawa tax lawyer, our Ottawa tax lawyer for individuals can help you with personal situations that require comprehensive and knowledgeable support from an attorney.
The services provided by our Ottawa tax law office include:
- Succession, will, estate and tax planning to discuss how passing on assets to future generations or other beneficiaries will affect your tax situation as well as theirs.
- Tax problems such as when you have received a notice from the CRA or need to ask questions about participating in disclosure programs.
- Unreported off shore assets to understand whether or not you are a Canadian resident as classified by the government.
- Individual and family income tax planning to understand how your tax situation can be affected by a growing or changing family.
- CRA audits to make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities in the event of an ongoing CRA audit and to prepare you for how to respond.
- Tax shelters so that you are aware of legal strategies that can be used to protect income or assets.
- Voluntary disclosure to realize the various benefits associated with voluntary disclosure programs and how the support of an experienced tax lawyer in Ottawa can make a difference on the outcome of your case.
Why Hire Us?
Our Canadian tax law firm has extensive experience addressing situations related to taxes, large and small. We know that it can be challenging to find yourself in need of support from an attorney when dealing with complicated tax issues. Our Ottawa tax lawyers are here to answer your questions and to give you further understanding. Contact our experienced attorneys today to learn more.
Turn to a trusted team for your tax planning.
"These articles provide information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."