Individuals, businesses of all sizes, organizations and even charities will face tax issues from time to time. You cannot ignore the problem thinking that it will go away. In fact, ignoring the tax problem is the worst thing you can do. Any delay on your part will only make the matter worse and will eventually result in a full loss of appeal rights and the ability of CRA to collect a debt that may not be properly owing. This can lead to stiff penies, and even criminal prosecution. Tax disputes are distracting and stressful.

Rotfeisch & Samulovitch PC is a Toronto-based boutique Canadian Tax Law firm specializing in income tax and business law. By staying small and specialized, we are able to respond quickly and effectively to our client's income tax issues and concerns as they arise. There's just one answer to a tax problem – an effective tax solution that's just right for you. We:

  • Offer tax planning advice to businesses, self-employed professionals, corporations, organizations and charities.
  • Offer tax help to start-up businesses on proper tax structuring.
  • Help clients bring tax filings up-to-date through the Voluntary Disclosure Program.
  • Help clients make a tax amnesty application (voluntary disclosure) for unreported income or offshore assets.
  • Provide tax planning advice for mergers and acquisitions.
  • Represent taxpayer’s interest and defend their rights in CRA audits or investigations.
  • File Notices of Objection to challenge incorrect or unfair tax assessments and reassessments.
  • Appeal to the Tax Court of Canada to fight for taxpayer rights.
  • Bring rectification applications to court to correct improperly documented transactions
  • Represent the taxpayer when CRA denies their charitable contributions.
  • Submit taxpayer relief applications (fairness applications) for the cancellation of interest and penalty assessments.
  • Negotiate with CRA collections officers to arrive at an acceptable payment plan to prevent bank account seizure, wage garnishment, personal property liens, and harassment by CRA agents.
  • Carry out income tax reorganizations such as s85 rollovers.
  • Conduct estate freezes such as a s86 reorganizations.
  • Carry out amalgamations of corporations under s87 of the Income Tax Act.
  • Provide tax advice to taxable estates.
  • Draft tax effective wills and prepare estate plans to minimize taxation on death
  • Provide advice on international tax laws to businesses operating overseas who want to set up operations in Canada.

What our clients are saying?


What other professionals are saying?

linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram